The Kerio Connect Account Assistant is a single auto-config tool which enables one-time auto-configuration of many applications, such as Apple Mail & Notes (secure IMAP, SMTP Submission), Apple Calendar and Reminders (CalDAV), Apple Contacts (CardDAV), Microsoft Outlook for Mac (Exchange Web Services).
This article describes the process to configure the Kerio Connect Account Assistant for macOS.
NOTE: Kerio Connect Account Assistant is unique for each user.
Follow these steps to use Kerio Connect Account Assistant for applications:
- Open the Mac integration page (typically at
- Click your name in the Kerio Connect Client.
- Select Integration with Mac.
- Click Download under the Connect Account Assistant section.
- Once the download completes, double-click the installation package.
- Click Open to overcome the security warnings.
- Click Continue to start the Kerio Connect Account Assistant Installer.
- Click Install to begin the installation. Use the option Change Install Location (if desired).
- Select which products to configure on your computer and click Continue.
- Enter your Kerio Connect Client password.
- Click Continue.
Now the configuration application verifies your identity and server connection.
- Click Configure to run the configuration of the selected applications.
NOTE: All previous configuration modules are available at the integration page.
The configured applications are available and ready.
Public contacts lost after upgrading to OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Due to the changes in the Contacts application in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, users lose their public contacts after upgrading their system to El Capitan.
- To get their public contacts back, they must download and install Kerio Connect Account Assistant version 8.5.3 or newer.
Kerio Connect accounts deleted on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Due to the changes in the Contacts application in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, all CardDAV accounts created by Kerio Connect Account Assistant are deleted if users synchronize their Keychain with iCloud.
- To address this, users must switch off the synchronization of Keychain and run the Kerio Connect Account Assistant to configure the applications again.
Kerio Connect Account Assistant failed to configure the profile on macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Account Assistant package was download from Chrome or Firefox browser. It's recommended to use the native macOS Safari browser.
- System Integrity Protection is disabled. Enable SIP support by following Apple's System Integrity Protection guide.