The Kerio Connect Account Assistant is a single auto-config tool which enables one-time auto-configuration of many applications, such as:
- Apple Mail & Notes (secure IMAP, SMTP Submission)
- Apple Calendar and Reminders (CalDAV)
- Apple Contacts (CardDAV)
- Microsoft Outlook for Mac (Exchange Web Services)
This article describes the process to configure the Kerio Connect Account Assistant for Mac OS X.
NOTE: Kerio Connect Account Assistant is unique for each user.
Follow these steps to use Kerio Connect Account Assistant for applications:
- Open the Mac integration page (typically at
- Click your name in the Kerio Connect Client.
- Select Integration with Mac.
- Click Download under the Connect Account Assistant section.
- Once the download completes, double-click the installation package.
- Click Open to overcome the security warnings.
- Click Continue to start the Kerio Connect Account Assistant Installer.
- Click Install to begin the installation. Use the option Change Install Location (if desired).
- Select which products to configure on your computer and click Continue.
- Enter your Kerio Connect Client password.
- Click Continue.
Now the configuration application verifies your identity and server connection.
- Click Configure to run the configuration of the selected applications.
NOTE: All previous configuration modules are available at the integration page.
The configured applications are available and ready.
Public contacts lost after upgrading to OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Due to the changes in the Contacts application in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, users lose their public contacts after upgrading their system to El Capitan.
- To get their public contacts back, they must download and install Kerio Connect Account Assistant version 8.5.3 or newer.
Kerio Connect accounts deleted on OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
- Due to the changes in the Contacts application in OS X 10.11 El Capitan, all CardDAV accounts created by Kerio Connect Account Assistant are deleted if users synchronize their Keychain with iCloud.
- To address this, users must switch off the synchronization of Keychain and run the Kerio Connect Account Assistant to configure the applications again.