By default, Kerio Connect repairs corrupted files by reindexing them. If this default process does not work, you can manually reindex the corrupted files to fix them after consulting with a technical support team member.
Note: This is valid for Kerio Connect 7.2.4 and older only. Since Kerio Connect 7.3.0 re-indexing is done automatically by a background process.
1) Log out of all mail sessions, for example, Outlook, WebMail, etc.
2) Stop Kerio Connect.
3) Access the user directory that you can find in the following path:
4) In the user directory, locate the index.fld file.
5) Rename the file from index.fld to index.bad.
- The next time the user accesses their folder, Kerio Connect rebuilds the index file. If it is a large folder, there might be a slight delay during the re-build process.
- Each folder contains its own index.fld file. One of the most common causes of inconsistencies in the index.fld file is local anti-virus software that has not been configured to exclude the scanning of the mail server and store directories. We strongly recommend using the built-in Sophos antivirus or one of the supported AV plug-ins included with Kerio Connect to scan messages for viruses.
Confirmation: You can log on to Kerio connect web administration interface and check the error log found in the logs section that it’s been resolved.