An SSL certificate is required to use SSL/TLS encryption, which improves security in Kerio Connect. SSL certificates are used to authenticate the identity of the server.
Kerio Connect creates the first self-signed certificate during the installation. If there is an issue with the self-signed certificate, you can create a new one manually.
- Open the Kerio Connect administration console.
- Navigate to Configuration > SSL Certificates.
- Click New > New Certificate.
- Fill in all the fields in the New Certificate window (i.e., Name, Hostname, Organization name, City, Country, etc.).
- Click OK.
- To enable the certificate for your server, select the certificate you created and click Set as Default.