In Kerio Connect, you can add a setting that forces the local users to create strong and complex passwords. A complex password:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must include at least 3 types of characters (lowercase, uppercase, numbers, symbols)
- Cannot include user's domain and username, and any part of the user's full name (longer than 2 characters)
To configure complex passwords for individual domains:
- In the Administration interface, navigate to Configuration > Domains.
- Select a domain and click on Edit.
- On the Security tab, enable the User passwords must meet complexity requirements when creating or changing the password option.
- Click on OK.
From now on, each time local users change their password in Kerio Connect Client, they must create a password which complies with Kerio Connect's complexity requirements.
Note: Remember to enable users to change their passwords in Kerio Connect Client. This also applies when administrators change passwords via the administration interface.