This article explains the limitations of unregistered Kerio Connect and how to register it from the administration interface.
Until you register Kerio Connect, it behaves as an unregistered trial version and has the following limitations:
- Thirty days after installation, the Kerio Connect Engine will be disabled.
- Kerio Antivirus engine cannot be updated for unregistered trial versions.
- Synchronization of mobile devices via Exchange ActiveSync is disabled.
- Grey-listing anti-spam protection is not available.
- Technical support is unavailable. If you register a trial version, you will receive technical support during the entire trial period.
Please follow the steps below to register Kerio Connect from the Dashboard of the administration interface.
443on your firewall.
- Log in to the administration interface and on the Dashboard click Become a registered trial user.
- Key in your trial license number and security code and click Next. If you don't have a trial license number, click Get a Trial License number.
Registering a Full Version
If you previously registered a trial version of Kerio Connect and have now purchased the full version, the license file gets automatically imported to your product within 24 hours of your purchase. The trial ID becomes your license number.
If You Have Not Registered Your Trial Version:
- In the Kerio Connect Dashboard, click Register product with a purchased license number.
- Enter the information required, including the license number you acquired on your purchase.
- Kerio Connect contacts the registration server, checks the validity of the data you entered, and automatically downloads the license file (digital certificate).
- Click Finish to close the installation wizard.
Installing Your License Manually
If you have acquired the license file (
*.key), you can import it to Kerio Connect by clicking Install license on the Dashboard in the administration interface.
The default location of the license file varies by platform, as provided below:
- Mac OS X:
Your Kerio Connect trial version should get registered, and all limitations of the trial version should be removed.