Kerio Connect administrators can recover the public folders from the mailbox of a domain on Microsoft Windows if they are accidentally deleted or corrupted. This article provides the process to perform this task.
- The configuration data is stored at the default location:
- The backup directory is stored on an external disc:
- The original public folders are also kept.
- Open the Command Prompt by going to Start > Run > type
cmd> hit Enter.
- Go to the Kerio Connect installation directory:
- Run the following
kmsrecovercommand from the directory:
kmsrecover.exe -b -d company -m public E:\backup
kmsrecovercommand detects the path to the store automatically in the configuration file of Kerio Connect and recovers the public folders.
IMPORTANT: If the parameter contains a space in the directory name, enclose it within quotes, e.g.,
kmsrecover "E:\backup 2".
After following the above steps, Kerio Connect recovers the public folders from the mailbox with all items.