To save some space on the datastore disk, administrators can configure the Clean-Out feature, which deletes all messages older than the specified number of days.
Kerio Connect performs the Clean-Out operation periodically based on the size of the message store. The automatic Clean-Out can be applied to the following folders:
- All folders (except contacts and notes)
This article describes the process of configuring the Items Clean-Out feature.
- In the administration interface, navigate to the Configuration > Domains section.
- Double-click on a domain.
- On the Messages tab, choose the folders for automatic clean-out and set the number of days.
- Click OK.
By default, new users inherit settings from their domain. To change the settings for individual users, follow the steps mentioned below:
- In the administration interface, navigate to the Accounts > Users section.
- Double-click on a user.
- Navigate to the Messages tab.
- In the Items Clean-Out section, select the Use custom settings for this user option.
- Select the folders for automatic clean-out and set the number of days.
- Click OK.
The Items clean-out feature works like a scheduled task and does not clean all relevant items at once. By default, it is set up to clean-out only 1000 items per folder at once, so that server performance is not affected. Therefore, the actual clean-out can take a while for large email folders.
However, you can increase the limit to delete more items per folder at once by following the steps mentioned below:
- The Kerio Connect server should be stopped before modification.
- Please be advised that if the increase in limit leads to server performance issues, you must revert it to the default state.
Navigate to the Kerio Connect installation folder. Defaults are:
- Open the
Navigate to the section:
Change the value (1000 in the following example) of the variable
AutoDeleteFolderLimit, as shown in the example below: