To save some space on data store disk, administrators can set a special rule which deletes all messages older than a specified number of days. This article covers the steps to configure the items clean-out for individual users or per domain. If both are configured, settings per user are applied.
Kerio Connect performs the clean-out periodically based on the size of the message store. The automatic clean-out can be applied to the following folders:
- All folders (except contacts and notes)
Note: To not lose any messages with the clean-out, archive or backup the data store. For additional information, refer to Configuring backup for the backup process and Kerio Connect Archiving for the archiving process.
- In the administration interface, go to the Configuration > Domains section.
- Double-click a domain.
- On the Messages tab, choose the folders for automatic clean-out and set the number of days.
- Click OK.
Per User Settings
By default, new users inherit settings from their domain. To change the settings for individual users:
- In the administration interface, go to the Accounts > Users section.
- Double-click a user.
- Go to the Messages tab.
- In the Items clean-out section, choose the option Use custom settings for this user option.
- Choose the folders for automatic clean-out and set the number of days.
- Click OK.