Kerio Control does not provide any built-in SMTP server. Administrators who want to get alerts, notifications, statistics or reports to their mailbox can use MyKerio notification service or configure an SMTP Relay Server.
By default, MyKerio notification service sends all emails from Kerio Control, but the amount of emails this service can send is limited per 24 hours. If administrators expect a large number of emails from their appliance, it is recommended to use the SMTP Relay instead. This article highlights the steps to configure it.
Step By Step Guide
- In the administration interface, go to Remote Services > SMTP Relay.
- Choose the SMTP server option.
- Enter the DNS name or IP address of the server in the Server field. If possible, use an SMTP server within the local network.
- Check the option Require SSL-secured connection. When this option is enabled, Kerio Control chooses the best method available by itself.
- If the SMTP server requires authentication, enter the username and password for the specified SMTP server.
- Specify an email address in the Specify sender email address in the "From:" header field. This item must be preset, especially if the SMTP server strictly checks the header (messages without or with an invalid From header are considered spam). The preset From header does not apply to messages forwarded during the antivirus check.
- Click Test.
- Enter the email address you will be using for testing the connection in the Email address field.
- Click Apply.
The Test option within the SMTP server settings determines if the configuration has been properly set, if so, it can be applied and takes effect immediately.