About the Number of Users and Licenses
Kerio Control is licensed as a server. The basic license includes an admin account and five user accounts. Additional users can be added in packages of five.
A user is defined as a person who is permitted to connect to Kerio Control. Each user can connect from up to five different devices represented by IP addresses including VPN clients. Guests and their devices are exempted from the licensing system.
A user requires an additional user license to connect from more than five devices at a time. Current license usage is displayed in the Dashboard's administration interface.
Note: Kerio Control does not limit the number of defined user accounts. However, only the maximum number of licensed users can connect at the same time.
Kerio Control has two optional components which are licensed individually:
- Kerio Antivirus.
- Kerio Control Web Filter module for web page ratings.
The Software Maintenance agreement lets you update the software. If your agreement expires, you can continue using the existing version of the product but you cannot install any updates released after the expiration date.
Registering Kerio Control in the Administration Interface
If you skip the registration in the activation wizard, you can register Kerio Control from the Dashboard's administration interface that displays after each login.
Once the installation is completed, the product can be registered as a trial or full version.
If your trial version is registered, the license file is automatically imported to your product within 24 hours of the purchase. The Trial ID you entered for your product upon registration is then activated as a standard license number.
If you have not registered your trial version:
- Open the administration interface.
- On the Dashboard, click on Configuration Assistant.
- In the Configuration Assistant dialog box, register your product by clicking on Update license info...
Registering Kerio Control via Your Internet Browser
Follow these steps to register the product if your Kerio Control instance cannot access the internet:
- Open the Kerio registration page in your internet browser.
- Register the product using your purchased license number.
- Download a license key (the license.key file, including its corresponding certificate).
- Import your license key to Kerio Control via the Dashboards' Configuration Assistant. You can check if the license was installed successfully via the License section of the Dashboard.
Transferring a Kerio Control License
Kerio Control licenses can be transferred between:
- Two virtual appliances
- Two software appliances
- A virtual appliance and a software appliance
- Two hardware appliances of the same type (if you are replacing equipment)
Note: You cannot transfer the license between hardware appliances and software/virtual appliances or between two different types of hardware appliances.
For example, you can transfer a license from a Kerio Control NG100 to another Kerio Control NG100, but you cannot transfer a license from Kerio Control NG100 to Kerio Control NG500. Transfer the configuration using the built-in export and import feature.
During the installation, register the same license number using the activation wizard. After registering the license on the appliance, uninstall the original Kerio Control instance.
Note: Remember to uninstall the old system. You cannot use the same license on multiple systems.
The registration and licensing processes in Kerio Control are completed. Your license can now be used on a new or different system.