Kerio Control does not provide any built-in Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server. If you want to get alerts, notifications, statistics, and reports to your mailbox use MyKerio notification service or configure an SMTP Relay Server.
Note: By default, MyKerio notification service sends all emails from Kerio Control, but the amount of emails this service can send is limited per 24 hours. If you expect a large number of emails from your appliance, use SMTP Relay instead.
- In the Administration interface, navigate to Remote Services > SMTP Relay.
- Select the SMTP server.
- In the Server field, type DNS name or IP address of the server. If available, use an SMTP server within the local network (messages are often addressed to local users).
- Select Require SSL-secured connection. Kerio Control selects the best method available with this option enabled.
- If the SMTP server requires authentication, type the username, and password at the specified SMTP server.
- Specify an email address in the Specify sender email address in the "From:" header field. This item must be preset especially if the SMTP server strictly checks the header (messages without or with an invalid from the header are considered as spams). Preset From header does not apply to messages forwarded during antivirus check.
- Click on Test.
- In the Email Address dialog, type your email address for testing the connection and click on OK.
- Click on Apply.
Kerio Control has configured the SMTP Relay server and you will get alerts to your mailbox.