This article covers the steps to connect Kerio Operator to OrbTalk using a SIP trunk.
Before starting this procedure, ensure to have:
- Your telephone number.
- The username and password of the SIP account.
- The SIP Domain.
- If you have a firewall, make sure the SIP (UDP 5060 – 5090) and RTP (UDP 6000 – 65535) ports are open and properly routed to Kerio Operator. Kerio Operator requires that ports UDP 10000 - 19999 internally are open.
- Log in to the administration interface of your Kerio Operator and navigate to the Call Routing screen.
- Click Add a SIP Interface.
- Enter a description for the interface name (e.g. OrbTalk).
- Choose the option New provider and enter your telephone number (e.g. 0550935405).
- Click Next.
- Choose the extension to receive incoming calls and enter the prefix that will be used to dial out.
- Click Next.
- Enter the SIP registrar/proxy hostname.
- Enter 5060 in the Port Number.
- Enter your OrbTalk username as the authentication name and the SIP-Password as the password. Typically the username will follow the format of
IPT-<country code and telephone number>(e.g. IPT-441223202130).
- Ensure Must register with the Registrar is checked.
- Enable User ID differs from the telephone number, this will also be the username.
- Click Finish.
The OrbTalk connection is now configured.