This article is intended for Kerio Operator administrators and agents in order to give them a better understanding regarding the procedure described in the title. It also contains an example of a configuration.
Multiple registrations (contrary to assigning more extensions to one user) gives a user the possibility to call from the same extension any time they make a call.
User Brenda Roar with username
broar working at the Marketing department uses the extension 224. When necessary, she also works from home. She uses the following to communicate:
- An automatically provisioned phone Cisco 7940 in her office
- X-Lite softphone on her home computer
- Occasionally, when connected via WiFi, a SIP client on her mobile phone.
The following instructions will allow her to use all the before-mentioned methods to authenticate.
- Open section Configuration > Extensions.
- Select Brenda Roar’s extension (224). Click on Add > Add Another Registration
- A new registration is added to the user table. The result should be similar to the following image.
- Double-click the
224p1registration and note the SIP username and SIP password from the opened dialog.
- Click OK.
- In the X-Lite settings, enter the newly generated string into User ID and the SIP password into Password.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for the second registration of the SIP client on a mobile phone.
Once the extension is created with multiple registrations, all the registrations will have the possibility to call from the same extension as configured. To confirm this, call from any registration created for this extension and you can notice the same extension number for all calls.