Upgrading to a major release of any GFI product (for example, from version 10 to 11) usually requires updating your license key through the GFI Accounts Portal. However, upgrading to a minor release (for example, from version 10.1 to 10.5) does not require updating to a new license key to continue using the product.
Note: If you have a valid Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) for a GFI product, you are eligible for a free upgrade. This means that you can update to a new license key through the GFI Portal for free.
This article shares the process of updating the license keys for GFI products.
Follow these steps to update license keys:
- Log into the GFI Accounts Portal.
- Navigate to your license key.
- Select the key you want to update.
- Click on Purchase.
- Choose from the following options, as seen in an example screenshot below:
- Click on Renewal to update to a new license key by purchasing it.
- Click on Free version upgrade if you have a valid SMA. This option allows you to update to a new license key for free.
Note: The screenshot example below shows a free version upgrade option for GFI Languard. You may see other options depending on your current SMA and GFI Products.
- Click Confirm. This displays the new license key information.
- Copy and safely store your new license key.