This article will walk you through the process of creating a report in GFI MailEssentials.
- From GFI MailEssentials configuration, go to GFI MailEssentials > Reporting > Reports.
- From the Report List tab, configure the following report options:
Option Description Select Report to generate:
Select the type of report to generate:
- Email Direction - shows total emails processed for each email direction - Inbound, Outbound, and Internal.
- Email Direction Chart - graphically shows total emails processed for each email direction - Inbound, Outbound, and Internal.
- Emails Blocked - shows total emails blocked by anti-spam and anti-malware filters for each email direction (Inbound, Outbound, and Internal) out of all emails processed.
- Emails Blocked Graph - graphically shows total emails blocked by anti-spam and anti-malware filters for each email direction (Inbound, Outbound, and Internal) out of all emails processed.
- Spam Filter - shows the total number of emails blocked by each anti-spam filter.
- Spam Filter Graph - graphically shows the total number of emails blocked by each anti-spam filter.
- User Report - shows the number of blocked and allowed emails for each email address.
- User Report (Active Users) - shows the number of blocked and allowed emails for email addresses that were active during the selected report period.
Click on View Report Preview to preview how the report looks like.
Select report date range.
When selecting the Custom date range, specify the period to display data for, from the Custom From Date and Custom To Date calendar controls.
Email direction filtering Select a particular email direction to display data for or select All email directions (inbound, outbound, internal) to display data for all directions. Email address filtering Enter an email address to display report information for that particular email address only. Report Grouping
Specify how to group data. The available options are:
- Group by Day
- Group by Week
- Group by Month
- Group by Year
- Click Generate to build and display the report or Save as Custom to save report settings for reuse at a later time.
Use the report top toolbar to do the following functions:
Click to print report.
Print current page
Click to print the page that is currently displayed.
Use this toolbar to navigate through report pages.
Select the format to save the report in and click Save. Specify the location where to save the report.