While investigating Email Delivery, broken images, attachments issues, it's necessary to review the Email Headers. To view the source of email in Outlook, it requires a specific procedure to show the Internet Headers.
The procedure is different for Outlook profiles installed on Windows and on macOS.
- Open Outlook application and navigate to the necessary folder.
- Double-click the necessary email to open it outside of the Reading Pane.
- Click File -> Properties
- Copy Internet Headers content and paste it into the blank document (e.g. Notepad). Share it with support as needed.
- Launch the Outlook application and find the necessary email.
- Right-click on the message -> View Source
- Copy the content and paste it into the document. Share the file with support as needed.
The sent emails will not contain full verbose Headers, compared to the received emails (Inbox folder). The sample output for the Sent Email:
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 13:12:33 +0000
X-User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:72.0)
From: Vlad <email@example.com>
To: John Doe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=-AUp/aIJtE48spmyAMuUa"