This article will provide the process for installing the GFI Archiver Archive Assistant Outlook Plugin
Manual Archiving must be enabled for the tool to be used
Follow the steps below to download and install the File Archive Assistant Tool
- Open GFI Archiver.
- Click Client Access tab.
- From File Archive Assistant area.
- Click one of the following:
MAR_FileArchiveAssistant_32bit.msi(Installer for Microsoft Windows 32-bit computers only)
MAR_FileArchiveAssistant_64bit.msi(Installer for Microsoft Windows 64-bit computers only)
Note: This file can also be copied from the Client Tools folder under the installation directory (Default is ..\Program Files\GFI\Archiver\Client Tools)
- The installation wizard should now start automatically. Click Run and follow the wizard to install.
- If the installation wizard does not start automatically, locate and double click the file downloaded in step 4 above.
- Select the installation language and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click I accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
- Key in the URL of the GFI Archiver server. (Default is http://hostname/Archiver/) This will be used by the File Archive Assistant to communicate with the GFI Archiver server.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete click Finish.
After installing the tool, an icon for the application should be found in the Start taskbar as shown below.
Double clicking the icon should bring up the following page and show the status of the installed tool.