Kerio Connect uses directory services to centralize user management. The login names used by the domain controller are mapped identically to the messaging system. This product supports two methods of integration with directory services. You can either map users or import them. This article intends to provide step-by-step instructions in configuring user mapping in Kerio Connect.
To map users, you must download and install the schema extension software into your domain controller, or schema master server.
- Edit the domain in the Domains configuration.
- In the Advanced tab, verify the correct Kerberos realm for your Active Directory or Open Directory domain.
- In the Directory Service tab, enable Map user accounts and groups from a directory service to this domain.
- Select the type of directory service.
- Specify the details for connecting to your domain controller.
- Once you have configured the mapping settings, you can add users from the directory service.
- If you use Active Directory, you can also manage users directly from the Active Directory Users and Computers management console.
- The schema extension includes additional views to activate and manage the properties of users with mailbox accounts.
You can test the connection to make sure the configuration is correct.