We understand that our customers want to test the speed throughput of KerioControl in their environments to ensure that their KerioControl configuration is not limiting their internet connectivity speed.
Guidelines for Running Effective Speed Tests
- Make sure that KerioControl is not being used by any other intensive bandwidth utilization application.
- Ensure that the PC where you are performing the speed test meet the following criteria:
- Is connected via wire to KerioControl.
- Has adequate resources especially CPU. Consumption should be low without the speed test
- Disable Debug logs on KerioControl.
- Repeat the test a couple of times changing test server (select a physically nearby server). Ideally, repeat the test at different times of the day as the results can vary based on external factors.
Elements that can Affect KerioControl
- Number of Rules
- Debug logging
- Size of files being transferred
- Services that are enabled