This article describes the process of configuring an ETRN (Extended Turn) account and using it to forward emails.
Note: ETRN is an extension of SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) that is used for requesting emails stored on another SMTP server (usually secondary or tertiary SMTP servers).
Configuring ETRN Accounts
- Log into your Kerio Connect administration interface.
- Go to Configuration > Delivery > ETRN Download.
- Click Add to open the Add ETRN Account dialog.
- Type the server name and domain names (separated by semi-colon).
- If authentication is required, type the username and password.
- Click OK.
- Schedule an action for the ETRN download.
If you have set up a backup mail server for your domain, you can use the configured ETRN account to forward messages from the backup server to your primary server by following these steps:
- On your primary server, enable and schedule the sending of emails to the ETRN account.
- Go to Configuration > Domains and double-click the backup server.
- On the Forwarding tab, select If the recipient was not found in this domain, forward the message to another host.
- Type the primary server hostname and port.
- Select Offline - delivery is triggered by ETRN command from remote host.
- Click OK.
The primary server queries the backup server regularly using the ETRN command.