Kerio Connect Administrators might have noticed that recent large messages (over 25 MB) are not visible in Outlook for Mac/Apple Mail. However, older large messages are still shown in the email clients mentioned. This is because the Development Team decided to put a default limit on the parameters, starting with version 9.2.7.
This article describes how to increase the default limit of 25 MB for messages.
Kerio Connect 9.2.7 and above
The change in default limit was implemented because of issues related to the Kerio Connect server crashing when converting large items (bigger than 25MB) for transmission over EWS (Exchange Web Services).
Note: The 25MB default limit for messages can be increased. However, this could lead to stability issues. Therefore, you should be aware that if increasing the limit leads to crashes, the system needs to be modified back to the default value.
To increase the default limit, follow these steps:
- Stop the Kerio Connect service. For more information, refer to Starting or Stopping the Kerio Connect Server.
- Navigate to the installation folder of the Kerio Connect server.
mailserver.cfgand make a backup copy of it.
mailserver.cfgwith a text editor.
- Within the file, locate the following string:
- Below the string, locate:
- Increase the variable value to a number (in bytes) that is suitable for the environment.
- Save the changes made to the file.
- Start the Kerio Connect service. For more information, refer to Starting or Stopping the Kerio Connect Server.
Note: The message limit cannot be configured on a "per user" basis; it is a server-wide parameter.
Messages are displayed in accordance with the new specified limit.